Fatal Accident Compensation Solicitors

Call for a FREE, no obligation chat on  0800 0747 644 now or request a callback

Fatal Accident Claims: Fatal Work Accident Claims

Have you lost a loved one in a fatal accident?  if so, it  is obviously incredibly traumatic, and you will have financial and childcare matters that need dealing with urgently which can add pressure and distractions from the time you need to grieve for a family member. The last thing you may be thinking about is making a fatal accident claim against the person or persons responsible.  However, at Grieves Solicitors, our team of experienced and understanding solicitors has helped ease the burden on those who have lost a loved one by assisting them in making a claim for compensation for a fatal accident claim. If someone you depended on has died as a result of negligence by a third party, contact us today FREE on 0800 0747 644 for assistance and support during this difficult time. You can also fill in the contact form at the top of this page to discuss your claim further and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Who can make a fatal accident claim?

Anyone who is dependent on the deceased can make a fatal accident claim, according to the terms of the Fatal Accidents Act 1976 and whether or not the accident was caused by somebody else’s negligence. A dependent is an individual who relies on financial or emotional support from the deceased and includes:

  • Children
  • Surviving Married or civil partner
  • Cohabiting partner of two years or more
  • Unmarried couples (living together as husband and wife/same sex couples for at least 2 years prior to death)

In some cases, former partners may also be entitled to compensation to help with day-to-day living. If youre unsure whether you qualify as a dependent, contact Grieves Solicitors for free legal advice.

What compensation am I entitled to?

The amount of financial assistance differs case by case, but a claim can cover:

  • Funeral expenses
  • Loss of income
  • Pain and suffering
  • Probate expenses
  • Childcare, DIY and housework costs

The deceased marital partner and children aged under 18 at the date of death are also entitled to a statutory bereavement award, which is a fixed sum of £15,120, and is in addition to any other claim put forward.

We work on a no win no fee basis.

Read about No Win No Fee

Find out how much you could claim for your injury.

Claim Compensation Calculator

98% of Clients Would Recommend Us to a Family Member

Read client testimonials

Fatal Accident at Work Claims

The death of a loved one in a fatal accident, perhaps in a workplace accident it is incredibly distressing for those left behind, but grief can be compounded by thoughts or blame and responsibility, after all, there is a duty of care on employers to ensure their people are safe at work. According to the Health and Safety Executive, unfortunately, 123 Workers were killed in work-related accidents in 2021/22.  The highest proportion was in the Construction Industry, followed by Agriculture, forestry and fishing and manufacturing.

After the death of a loved one, there can also be the added stresses of having to deal with family finances on one income.

If you have suffered the loss of a loved one and are struggling to pay a mortgage or deal with the cost of day to day life, the specialist team of injury solicitors here at Grieves Solicitors can help you as we also have an extremely experienced team of Accident at Work Solicitors with a long-established track-record of dealing with all kinds of compensation claims against employers from the following sectors:

Get in touch

If you have lost a loved one, and you need help making a claim for compensation to cope with the loss, contact our lawyers in Huddersfield today for advice and support. You can either call us for a FREE, no-obligation chat  on 0800 0747 644, or fill in our online contact form and one of our Huddersfield-based team will get back to you shortly.

We act for clients throughout Yorkshire including Huddersfield, Halifax, Bradford, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Brighouse and Rochdale.  As a recognised national personal injury law firm we can support your needs wherever you live in England and Wales.

To make a free no-obligation enquiry, call 0800 0747 644.

Alternatively, fill in the contact form and we will get back to you.

    By submitting your details on this form, you agree to our Privacy Policy. Information on how we handle your data is in our Privacy Policy.