Expert Road Accident Claims Solicitors

Call 0800 0747 644 now or request a callback

Child Road Traffic Accident Claims

There is nothing worse than your child being injured in an accident which was someone else’s fault.

Brain injuries are often a serious consequence of many child accidents on the road and here at Grieves Solicitors we specialist in such claims.

If your child has been in an accident there are many circumstances when it is possible for a parent or guardian to make a claim about which you may be unaware:

  • A child is a passenger in a car (even where their parent is responsible)
  • It is the victim of a hit and run accident
  • Is injured in a cycling accident
  • A child is injured in a car because of a mechanical defect in the car or seat
  • It is on the pavement when a car mounts the pavement
  • As a pedestrian on a zebra or pelican crossing
  • As a Pedestrian crossing the road (even if a child appears to have run out into the road)
  • As a pillion passenger on a motorcycle or pedal bike.

What to do if your child is involved in an accident which causes them injury

  • Seek medical attention immediately and if necessary, call an ambulance to ensure your child recovers as quickly as possible.
  • Call the police
  • Obtain details of the car driver who is responsible for the accident
  • Write down what has happened
  • Obtain contact details for people who saw the accident.
  • Take photos of the scene and any damage to the cars or vehicle involve
  • If your child is injured by a dangerous defect in the car or a car seat, retain the receipt and the dangerous item, if possible.

We work on a no win no fee basis.

Read about No Win No Fee

Find out how much you could claim for your injury.

Claim Compensation Calculator

98% of Clients Would Recommend Us to a Family Member

Read client testimonials

Who should you pick deal with your child’s claim?

It is important that you pick a personal injury Solicitor to deal with your claim who is a specialist.  A specialist Solicitor will have extra qualifications such as being a member of the SRA Personal Injury Panel or a member of APIL.

Our Principal and Founder Helen Grieves is a Senior Litigator Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) and a member of the SRA Personal Injury Panel and has many years’ experience of such claims.  She has obtained millions of pounds for child injured claimants.

This is important as child claims can be tricky and a thorough knowledge of the law and procedure is required.

Can I instruct a no win, no fee solicitor to deal with my child’s claim?

Yes, you can.  Here at Grieves Solicitors we are happy to act for your child on a no win, no fee basis which means you do not have to risk your finances to start a claim.

What is a litigation friend?

A child under 18 cannot deal with a claim themselves and must have an adult to represent them and conduct their case. This would usually be their father or mother or guardian, but a child can wait unit they are 18 and then claim for themselves.

Usually a claimant has 3 years from the date of an accident to make a claim but once a child turns 18, they have 3 years from their eighteenth birthday to pursue a claim, if their parent or guardian has not done so.

To make a free no-obligation enquiry, call 0800 0747 644.

Alternatively, fill in the contact form and we will get back to you.

    By submitting your details on this form, you agree to our Privacy Policy. Information on how we handle your data is in our Privacy Policy.