Leg Injury Claims, Broken Leg Claims & Leg Amputation Compensation Claims
Find out how much compensation you may receive.
For an individual quote tailored to your own particular accident circumstances call us free on 0800 0747 644.
Have you sustained a leg injuries from accident at work, on someone else’s property, a building site or on your bike or simply walking across the road? Our leg injury compensation calculator can give you and idea of how much your claim could be worth. The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) state that 95% of injuries caused by major slips resulted in broken bones. In 2020 786 fractured their pelvis or upper leg in a road traffic accident according to Government Statistics even though these were watered down during the Covid 19 lockdown period. Such an injury can be debilitating, resulting in long-term issues and the need for extensive rehabilitation. Leg injuries can be caused in many different ways and vary in severity. An injury to the leg can include strains and sprains to muscles, ligaments and tendons and in serious cases dislocations, fractures and amputations causing the victim pain and inconvenience.Therefore, an injury to the leg may have serious and sometimes lifelong implications for the victim, you can make a claim for an injury if the accident was the result of another person’s negligence. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free no-ligation chat about your rights on 0800 0747 644 or make an on-line no-obligation enquiry.
Compensation can be used to cover the cost of medical bills, rehabilitation and loss of earnings, and will be based on the severity of your accident.
If you, a family member or friend, have suffered an injury and require legal advice, get in touch with one of our personal injury solicitors today.
What do common causes of Leg Injuries include?
The common causes of Leg injury include:
Talk to a Solicitor about your Claim FREE on 0800 0747 644
Send us a message and we will get back to you.
What are the common Causes of Leg Injuries at Work?
Leg Injuries at work can result from many things.
These may include:
- Farm accidents
- Forklift truck accidents
- Inadequate training
- Lack of personal protection equipment
- Ladder accidents
- Machinery accidents
- Manual handling accidents
- Office accidents
The type of Leg injury you have sustained and the way in which it has affected your ability to carry out your daily activities or to earn a living can be important to the success of your Leg injury compensation claim.
Physiology of Leg Injury
- Sprain: A sprain can occur when a ligament fibre is torn or stretched, The ligaments are a tissue which attaches the bones or cartilages or holds together a joint. Sprains can be caused by a number of factors such as by twisting, falling, or getting hit. The symptoms of sprains can include muscle spasms, pain, swelling, and discomfort when moving the leg muscle.
- Strain: A strain can occur when muscle or tendon is stretched or torn, The tendon is the tissue which joins the muscle to the bone. When these tissues are pulled or twisted it can cause a strain. These strains can happen over time or suddenly, those who take part in sports are more likely to acquire a strain. Some common symptoms of strains can include swelling, bruising, pain, and being incapable of moving the joint.
- Fractures: A fracture is a break in the bone, Fractures in the leg are a common injury. Symptoms of a fracture include swelling, tenderness, bruising, numbness and tingling. As well as the limb looking deformed, victims experience pain and problems in moving the limb.
- Stress Fracture: This injury transpires slowly over time due to repetitive trauma to the bones and muscles, which is primarily due to overuse. When these muscles become tired or over-loaded, they are subsequently unable to engage the stress or shock of the constant effects, thus they start to break which leads to a stress fracture.
- Calf Muscle Tear: This occurs when part of the calf muscle is stretched more than its ability to endure the tension and therefore leads to a tear, Calf muscle tear is the rapid pain that occurs in the calf muscle during activity which causes injury to the muscle.
- Dislocation: This happens when the bones of the leg shift out of place. The main cause of this injury is often a fall or a blow, Victims of dislocation are often faced with swelling, pain and a visibly out of place leg, which may not be moved.
How much could I claim for Leg Injury?
If an injury to your leg was caused by another person or a negligent act, you may be entitled to compensation. Money can be rewarded to improve a victim’s quality of life, provide treatment costs or cover loss of earnings.
Claims are judged on the severity of and recovery time of the leg injury:
|Loss of use of both legs:||
|Loss of use of one leg:||
|Injury to one leg depending on the severity, recovery time, age of victim and residual use/disability:||
£1,000 to £75,000
|Typical awards for a broken leg with full recovery:||
The types of compensation are you entitled to for your leg injury
There are two types of compensation that you may be entitled to in a claim:
- Pain and suffering of the injury (General damages): The damage to the leg can lead to the victim experiencing pain and suffering for which there is entitlement of compensation.
- Financial losses and expenses (Special damages): This includes income which is lost for the time taken off work, medical expenses, travel expenses for treatment etc.
The amount of compensation you receive may for your special damages which includes loss of earnings may be more than you receive for your general damages for the injury and loss of amenity. Hence, it is significant for you to contact us for a full consultation and what you could expect to receive.
How to make a successful Leg Injury Claim?
Before starting your Leg injury compensation claim, contact Grieves Solicitors and speak to one of our personal injury specialists, we will help escort you through the procedure and strength of your personal injury claim and offer advice on the most appropriate course of action for you to take. Besides Leg injury claims, Grieves Solicitors also handle personal injury compensation claims for injuries to other areas of the body.
Why you should choose Grieves Solicitors and how to contact us
Grieves Solicitors was established in 1997, every member of the team has had many years of specialist experience and training in dealing with personal injury claims. The principal, Helen Grieves specialises in dealing with major cases such as that of Injuries sustained to the leg and has helped clients receive up to millions of pounds in compensation, her resilience and expertise in this field will enable you to get the best possible familiarity and result.
We understand that making a claim may seem daunting at first but we are happy to talk over those queries or concerns with you to allow any fears you may have about bringing a compensation claim. We are only too happy to help. If you, a family member or friend, have suffered an injury and require legal advice, get in touch with one of our personal injury solicitors today. If you are unable to pop in for a chat then you can call us for free on 0800 0747 644 or make a no obligation online enquiry.